Researchers awarded University titles
Many congratulations to all our researchers!
The following researchers are now Full Professors :
- Dr Thomas Milne (MRC MHU, MRC WIMM, NDCLS), Professor of Haematology
- Dr Ross Chapman (MRC MHU, MRC WIMM, NDCLS), Professor of Genome Maintenance Biology
The following researchers have all been awarded Associate Professor Titles:
- Graham Collins (NDCLS), Associate Professor of Haematology
- Betty Raman (OCMR, CVM), Associate Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Christopher Toepfer (CVM), Associate Professor of Developmental Genetics
- Adam Wilkinson (MRC MHU, MRC WIMM, NDCLS), Associate Professor of Stem Cell Biology
- Stephen Twigg (WIMM, NDCLS), Associate Professor of Developmental Genetics
- Susie Shapiro (NDCLS), Associate Professor Haematology
We are also delighted to announce eight new Principal Investigators at RDM:
- Dr Christian Babbs (MRC WIMM, NDCLS)
- Dr Nicholas Crump (MRC MHU, MRC WIMM, NDCLS)
- Dr Anuj Goel (CVM)
- Dr Michael Pavlides (CVM)
- Dr Shijie Cai (NDCLS)
- Dr Paul Holloway (IMD)
- Associate Professor Stephen Twigg (MRC WIMM, NDCLS)
- Associate Professor Susan Shapiro (NDCLS)
There will be another call in 2023 for applications for PI status in RDM.
Professor Alain Townsend (MRC HIU, MRC WIMM, IMD) has had a lengthy research career probing the mechanisms of molecular immunology and iron metabolism, His work has had a major impact on the scientific understanding of the immune response to seasonal influenza, which extended to the isolation of potentially therapeutic antibodies to Ebola. In more recent times, he and his team have developed a cheap, portable and quick test to spot antibodies that fight the virus that causes COVID-19. He is also part of a consortium that aims to develop novel all-in-one vaccines to tackle future coronavirus threats.