The University uses R12 Marketplace, an electronic purchasing solution that is part of the University's Oracle Financials system and the iProcurement module. Selected University approved suppliers have catalogues which are available for users to purchase goods and supplies at University-wide negotiated prices.
Please contact your local finance administration for advice on being set up on the system, training, local purchasing procedures etc.
the ordering process
The University has contracts with preferred suppliers, which reduces risk and saves you money and time.
- If you are using a preferred supplier then any order up to £25,000 will not require a quote.
- If you are not using a preferred supplier then the following rules apply:
- For orders under £1,000 – price confirmation must be received from the supplier prior to placing the order (this doesn’t have to be in writing)
- For orders between £1,000 and £25,000 - two or more written quotes from competitive suppliers must be obtained. These must be on headed paper or provided by fax or email.
- Any order over £25,000 will require the full tender process to be followed before placing an order. See the University’s tender process page for more details. A simplified version of the tender process can be followed when orders have been placed with a preferred supplier, as due diligence has already been completed and contract terms agreed.