How to apply
call for applications
The 2021 call for applications is now open, with a closing date of midday on Monday 15 March 2021.
- Apply for Novo Nordisk Postdoctoral Research Fellow (5 posts)
- Apply for Novo Nordisk Clinical Research Training Fellow (1 post)
If you would like to apply for a fellowship position, you must list up to three research projects as part of your supporting statement in your application.
Eligibility and selection criteria
The fellowship programme is international and therefore applicants from any country are eligible to apply. However, please note that while we will consider all applications, the funding provided for the clinical research training fellowships will only cover home/EU DPhil fees. Find out information on student fees at the University of Oxford.
We aim to recruit fellows with the potential to become leaders in the field of diabetes, cardiometabolism, liver and renal disease in subsequent years.
The key selection criteria for the Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are:
- A PhD (completed or close to completion) in a biomedical subject, or other relevant subject, together with skills and experience relevant to biomedical research.
- Will typically be no more than four years post PhD at the start of the fellowship (Autumn 2021). This condition will be relaxed proportionately for applicants who have had a career break. Please contact us if you would like to discuss your eligibility.
- A strong CV, having published in high impact journals and presented at international meetings.
- An enthusiastic interest in the research topic.
See full selection criteria in the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Job Description.
The key selection criteria for the Clinical Research Training Fellowship are:
- Have prior research experience (typically a BSc), a medical degree and some specialist experience, typically having obtained MRCP or equivalent, but not CCT or consultant status.
- Have a strong academic record (eg prizes, first class degree etc).
- GMC registered Medical Practitioner or ability to obtain GMC requirements and practice in the UK (please see the General Medical Council website for further details).
- A strong CV, as evidenced by publications in international journals.
- Committed to a career in diabetes, cardiovascular medicine or related area; clinical practice; and research.
See full selection criteria in the Clinical Research Training Fellowship Job Description.