How to apply
Call for applications
We advertise fellowship positions each spring, with an expected start date in autumn of the same year. We recruit between three and six fellows in each recruitment cycle. The next call for fellowship applications will open in Spring 2018, with subsequent calls in Spring 2019 and Spring 2020.
Eligibility and selection criteria
The fellowship programme is international and therefore applicants from any country are eligible to apply. However, please note that while we will consider all applications, the funding provided for the clinical research training fellowships will only cover home/EU DPhil fees. Find out information on student fees at the University of Oxford.
We aim to recruit fellows with the potential to become leaders in the field of diabetes in subsequent years.
The key selection criteria for the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship are:
- A PhD, or near to completion, in a medical/biological subject, together with relevant experience.
- Be no more than 3 years post PhD at the start of the fellowship. This condition will be relaxed proportionately for applicants who have had a career break.
- A strong CV, having published in high impact journals and presented at international meetings.
- An enthusiastic interest in diabetes and metabolic research.
The key selection criteria for the Clinical Research Training Fellowship are:
- Have prior research experience (typically a BSc), a medical degree and some specialist experience, typically having obtained MRCP or equivalent, but not CCT or consultant status.
- Have a strong academic record (eg prizes, first class degree etc).
- Registered with, or qualified to register with, the General Medical Council.
- A strong CV, as evidenced by publications in international journals.
- Committed to a career in diabetes or metabolic medicine, clinical practice and research.