It is compulsory for all RDM staff to complete the training courses below, in the interest of promoting equality and diversity, understanding implicit bias, challenging behaviour and the need for information security awareness.
The courses are hosted online through the Oxford Department for the People and Organisational Development (POD) and / or the Oxford Equality and Diversity Unit, and do not take too long to complete.
At the end of each course, you should receive a certificate of completion, however we also recommend that you save a screenshot of the completion page to ensure you have evidence of this should it be required.
There are additional mandatory courses which should be completed depending on your role which are also listed below.
People and Organisational Development (POD)
Please visit the POD site for a full range of training available to University employees.
Equality and Diversity
Introduces you to what equality and diversity mean and why they are so important both to the University and to you as an individual.
Provides an overview of the legislation, your rights and responsibilities, and guidelines for ensuring that equality and diversity are embedded in your work.
Those taking the implicit bias course will:
- Have a greater understanding of implict bias and its impact in the workplace; and
- Be able to develop techniques for countering bias based on stereotypes
The use of all Information & Communications Technology (ICT) is subject to various rules & regulations of the University of Oxford.
This module will get you up to speed on what you need to do to keep University (and your own) data safe.
Challenging Behaviour: Dealing with bullying and harassment in the workplace
An online training course designed to give you a better understanding of:
- The legal and moral responsibilities of all staff
- The knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully as part of a diverse team
- Why certain behaviours are inappropriate
- The damage caused by bullying and harassment
- How to respond to inappropriate behaviour
- The tools to recognise and put a stop to bullying and harassment
- We ask that you complete this course every three years
Courses Depending on Roles
- Recruitment and Selection (online provided by People and Organisational Development)
- Introduction to management skills at Oxford (line managers only) (online provided by People and Organisational Development)
- DPhil supervision at Oxford (Sciences) PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHOOSE THE SCIENCES OPTION (online provided by Centre for Teaching and Learning)
- Research Integrity (for all University research staff)