IMD Admin Team
Our Admin team is led by Jo Hovard, IMD Business Manager. Jo is responsible for the management of complex staffing issues, business plans for new ventures, space issues, contracts, finance, personnel, grants, lab management, IT and web, management of the Experimental Medicine Admin office and units. The team's administrative responsibilities and duties also encompass support for Experimental Therapeutics.
We deal with:
- Grant Management - pre-award (first point for the X5 (grant) costings, Grant applications to Research Services, gaining the signatures required, submitting hard copies of the application if required) and post-award activity (expenditure queries, journals, extensions, reports etc.)
- Finance - HB accounts, expenditure enquiries, expense claims, purchasing and invoicing.
- Personnel - recruitment, work permits, university card issues, staff contracts, personnel management for staff in post.
- Lab Management -all lab management issues, health and safety, glass washing, equipment
- IT Management and Facilities - all IT and web queries and supporting lab management in their role.