We provide tailored advice and guidance to all researchers and students within RDM who would like support in obtaining funding.
Support in obtaining funding is available in the following ways:
- Dr Ruth McCaffrey, Research Strategy Coordinator, and Dr Serena Briant, Assistant Research Facilitator, provide one-on-one advice on funding opportunities within the University or externally.
- RDM produces a Funding Opportunities Bulletin every two months, which details upcoming funding deadlines and any RDM internal deadlines. Earlier internal deadlines may be set in cases where our department can only submit a limited number of applications, or where letters of support are required, or where the application needs to be internally peer-reviewed within RDM prior to submission.
- Our Funding Database holds information on relevant internal and external funding opportunities.
- There is a process to coordinate and support fellowship applications being submitted through RDM.
- We organise an annual grant writing course and an annual talk on 'How to get a Fellowship'.
- A helpful guide on how to write a lay summary has been produced by the RDM Public Engagement and Communications Officer, Dr Emma O'Brien. For advice on how to write a lay summary, please contact Emma.
- Dr Emma O'Brien can also provide advice on writing Pathways to Impact statements. This is a good opportunity to apply for funds to help develop and deliver public engagement activities.
- Advice on the practicalities of applying for funding is available here.
Please note that the support being offered by RDM is not intended to replace the support provided by your supervisor/sponsor, or your local divisional admin teams. Rather, we hope to add an additional level of oversight to ensure that RDM can provide the best possible advice and individualised support for applicants, particularly those applying for fellowships, thus supporting the career progression of our researchers.
RDM Divisional Finance teams
Each RDM divisional admin team is responsible for creating an X5 costing of all applications that are submitted. This process takes longer with collaborative projects as multiple departments and/or universities must agree on costings. Your divisional admin team should be involved in your application from the earliest opportunity. They will submit your application to Research Services at least five days before the funder deadline. Research Services need these five days to allow them time to review the application and submit it to the funder.
The funder's deadline is therefore not your deadline. Please speak to your local admin team well in advance of the funder's deadline.
Divisional Finance Contact
|Clotilde Levecquefirstname.lastname@example.org||WIMM NDCLS and WIMM Core|