The RDM Research Strategy and Funding team provides advice and guidance on applying for funding.
who ARE the rdm research strategy and funding team?
|Position||Contact me for...|
|Dr Sarah Ball||
Head of Strategic Research Development
Supports researchers interested in applying for RDM PI status or an Associate Professor title. Provides support in arranging departmental or divisional support for large strategic bids.
|Dr Serena Briant
||Senior Research Facilitator and Programme Manager for the Novo Nordisk - Oxford Fellowship Programme||Supports researchers based in the WIMM, NDCLS and IMD offering one-on-one meetings, support with fellowship applications, applications for internal funding, and letters of support from the Head of Department.|
|Dr Nuala Simpson||Research Facilitator and Operations Manager for the Novo Nordisk - Oxford Fellowship Programme||Supports researchers based in CVM and OCDEM offering one-on-one meetings, support with fellowship applications, applications for internal funding, and letters of support from the Head of Department.|
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
what support do we offer?
- One-on-one meetings to provide advice on funding opportunities within the University or externally, tailored to your career stage and CV.
- Support for researchers applying for internal funding, including an internal peer review of applications prior to submission.
- Extensive support for researchers applying for intermediate and senior fellowships (i.e. those fellowships aimed at establishing and building an independent research group and programme), including letters of support from the Head of Department, feedback on applications, internal peer review of applications prior to submission and mock interviews if selected for interview.
Please note that the support we offer is not intended to replace the support provided by your supervisor/sponsor, or your local divisional admin teams. Rather, we hope to add an additional level of oversight to ensure that RDM can provide the best possible advice and support for applicants, particularly those applying for fellowships, thus supporting the career progression of our researchers.
what resources are available in rdm?
- Our Funding Database holds information on relevant internal and external funding opportunities.
- Funding information is disseminated in the RDM Weekly Bulletin, which details upcoming funding deadlines and any RDM internal deadlines. Earlier internal deadlines may be set in cases where our department can only submit a limited number of applications, or where letters of support are required, or where the application needs to be internally peer-reviewed within RDM prior to submission.
- Advice on the practicalities of applying for funding is available here.
- A helpful guide on how to write a lay summary has been produced by the RDM Public Engagement and Communications Manager.