We are a large multi-disciplinary department, which aims to tackle some of the world’s biggest health challenges by integrating innovative basic biology with cutting edge clinical research. We have internationally renowned programmes in a range of areas including cardiovascular sciences, diabetes and endocrinology, immunology, haematology and pathology. Find out more about what we do.
14 July 2021
Findings explain higher risk of heart attack in people with diabetes, even after treatment .
13 July 2021
Queen Mary University of London and OCDEM researchers develop alternative treatment for patients as young as three months.
10 June 2021
Scientists from the MRC Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine have developed a method that allows them to see, with far greater accuracy, how DNA forms large scale structures within a cell nucleus.
Staff/student support resources
- University of Oxford COVID-19 response latest
- University of Oxford staff and student testing for COVID-19
- University of Oxford testing for COVID-19 flowchart (SSO login required)
- University of Oxford Coronavirus Research
- RDM single point of contact (SSO login required)
- Working from home guide for University staff (SSO required)
- IT advice from MSD IT
- IT Services: Adjusting to working from home
- IT Services: Guidance for teaching remotely
- Information Security: Advice
- Sources of support for wellbeing
- Dept. of Experimental Psychology mental health resources