The European Society of Cardiology Conference 2022 took place Friday 26 - Monday 29 August this year, and RDM researchers had a strong presence at the meeting, with a number of awards and key lectures.
- Professor Stefan Neubauer, who gave the ESC Paul Hugenholtz Award lecture on Innovation, for which he received the ESC silver medal.
- Dr Marco Spartera won the Young Investigator Award. Dr Spartera said "This award gives us great pride and recognises the importance of ongoing research into novel mechanisms of cardiac embolism."
- Dr Robert Scarsini, a fellow in the Adrian Banning lab from 2019-21, also won a Young Investigator Award.
- Associate Professor Betty Raman gave an invited talk on 'Post-COVID syndrome with a cardiovascular focus'.
- Dr Shveta Monga's DPhil project, entitled 'Metabolic Phenotypic in Aortic Stenosis: Insights from a multi-parametric CMR study' was selected for moderated posted presentation.
Many congratulations to all!