The deadline for the 2018 nominations was Friday 5 October 2018.
RDM Graduate Prizes are awarded to current or recently graduated (within two years) students of RDM supervisors on the basis of exceptional achievement in their research. The prizes reflect the wide range of clinical and basic research undertaken within RDM. RDM Graduate Prizes are awarded in October each year, with nominations invited over the Summer.
Assessment of Outstanding Work
The main criterion for assessing whether a student has produced outstanding work will be their publication record, which is expected to include one or more exceptional publications as first author.
It is recognised that research in RDM is diverse. Nominations should therefore explain why the publication is exceptional with reference to its (expected) impact on the field. This involves qualitative or contextual information, especially where the publication relates to a specialist area. In previous years, strong nominations have been found to contain highly-specific information on the impact the student's work has had or will have on the field.
Nominations should include a statement indicating the contribution made by the student to the main paper(s) in question. If a student has more than three publications, a statement on contribution should only be made for the three most significant papers.
Other criteria for assessing whether a student has produced outstanding work that the panel will consider include:
- Establishment of key infrastructure, a new technique or a major new collaboration that has had an important impact, either within RDM or more widely
- An unusually large number of publications, showing an extensive contribution to the field
- Receipt of grant funding
This list is not intended to be exhaustive; all notable success will be considered.
- All current DPhil students are eligible
- Any DPhil student that has completed within the last two years is also eligible
- The student must have received substantive supervision from one or more RDM PIs
A maximum of three prizes will be awarded.