RDM Finance Manager
I am the Finance Manager for RDM, leading finance across the department and providing financial support on strategy, financial reporting and other finance issues across all divisions and components of the department. This includes:
- Supporting the Head of Department, Head of Administration and Finance, and RDM’s five lead administrators and their teams, to deliver monthly I&E reports, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets
- Leading on the preparation of business cases and costing of research facilities
- Ensuring that RDM processes maintain strong internal controls and comply with the University’s financial policies and regulations
- Working with the MSD divisional finance team to support the department’s budgeting, forecasting, year-end and planning activity
- Collaborating with the RDM Strategic team, divisional and departmental staff and external clients at all organisational levels regarding queries relating to financial management.
Academic and professional background
My experience to date spans both the UK and Australia and all three of the main sectors (private, public and charity). I completed an undergraduate degree in Mathematics and a Graduate Diploma in Economics at the University of Bristol. I started my career as an auditor for PwC London where I qualified as a Chartered Accountant and gained broad exposure to a number of industries. After five years with the firm I moved into finances roles within an innovative public sector body. My Australian radiographer husband and I then spent five years living in Sydney where I worked in financial analysis and management roles for a media company, a provider of medical centres and a consultancy business, in between having my two children. We moved back to the UK and to Oxford in 2016 and I started work for an international children's charity where I was Finance Manager and later Finance Director. I joined RDM in November 2022.