We have a strong commitment to public engagement, using a number of approaches to ensure our research reaches a wide audience.
- Research studies are designed with consultation with patients
- Investigators give public lectures
- Researchers, staff and students take part in science festivals and school events
- We arrange an annual open day to display our work to the public
- Strong engagement with media such as television, podcasting and national and local press to illustrate our best research
The NIHR Oxford BRC Diabetes and Metabolism theme hosted by OCDEM has a project manager who can support outreach activities.