PhD, BSc (Hons)
Assistant Research Facilitator
- Operations Manager for the Novo Nordisk-Oxford Fellowship Programme
- Please note that I work in RDM Monday to Wednesday (am), and the MPLS divisional office Wednesday (pm) to Friday.
As part of the RDM Research Strategy and Funding team, I work closely with the Research Strategy Coordinator, Ruth McCaffrey, and Research Facilitator, Serena Briant, to support research and funding activities in RDM.
In particular, I am responsible for:
- coordinating reviews of internal funding applications (John Fell Fund, Medical Sciences Internal Fund, Wellcome Institutional Strategic Support Fund etc.)
- supporting early career researchers in identifying new funding opportunities
- maintaining the RDM Funding Database and writing the termly RDM Funding Bulletin
- Secretary of the Career Development Committee and leading some of their initiatives
- working closely with Serena Briant (Programme Manager for the Novo Nordisk-Oxford Fellowship Programme) to handle the day-to-day running of the fellowship programme.
Before joining RDM in May 2018, I trained as a scientist with a particular interest in developmental neurobiology. I completed my bachelor's degree in Biomedical Sciences at King's College London in 2013, then moved to the Francis Crick Institute for my PhD.